The members of the Wyoming House of Representatives and the Wyoming Senate have finalized their leadership and committee assignments following party caucuses Saturday and Sunday. Members of leadership and newly elected legislators will be sworn in during opening ceremonies on the first day of session, which is slated to begin at Noon on Jan. 10.
In the House of Representatives, Representative Steve Harshman, of Casper, was elected Speaker of the House; Representative David Miller, of Riverton, was elected Majority Floor Leader; Representative Donald Burkhart, of Rawlins, was elected Speaker Pro Tempore; and Representative Albert Sommers, of Pinedale, was elected Majority Whip. Representative Cathy Connolly, of Laramie, was elected Minority Floor Leader; Representative Charles Pelkey, of Laramie, was elected Minority Whip; and Representative John Freeman, of Green River, was elected Minority Caucus Chairman.
On the Senate side, Senator Eli Bebout, of Riverton, was elected President of the Senate; Senator Drew Perkins, of Casper, was elected Majority Floor Leader; and Senator Michael Von Flatern, of Gillette, was elected Vice President. Senator Chris Rothfuss, of Laramie, was elected Minority Floor Leader; Senator John Hastert, of Green River, was elected Minority Whip; and Senator Liisa Anselmi-Dalton, of Rock Springs, was elected Minority Caucus Chairman.
The following House committee assignments have been made for the 64th Wyoming Legislature:
- Judiciary: Dan Kirkbride, Chairman; Mark Baker, Bo Biteman, Mark Jennings, Jared Olsen, Charles Pelkey, Bill Pownall, Tim Salazar, Nathan
- Appropriations: Bob Nicholas, Chairman; Donald Burkhart, Lloyd Larsen, Andy Schwartz, Albert Sommers, Tom Walters, Sue
- Revenue: Michael Madden, Chairman; Cathy Connolly, JoAnn Dayton, Dan Furphy, Timothy Hallinan, Mark Kinner, Dan Laursen, Jerry Obermueller, Jerry
- Education: David Northrup, Chairman; Debbie Bovee, Landon Brown, Jamie Flitner, John Freeman, Hans Hunt, Mark Kinner, Jerry Paxton, Garry
- Agriculture: Robert McKim, Chairman; Stan Blake, Aaron Clausen, Chuck Gray, Bill Haley, Bill Henderson, Hans Hunt, Dan Laursen, Cheri
- Travel: Jim Allen, Chairman; Scott Clem, Jamie Flitner, John Freeman, Mike Gierau, Bill Haley, Marti Halverson, Kendell Kroeker, Cheri
- Corporations: Dan Zwonitzer, Chairman; Jim Blackburn, Jim Byrd, Roy Edwards, Danny Eyre, Dan Furphy, Tyler Lindholm, Lars Lone, Patrick
- Transportation: John Eklund, Chairman; Jim Blackburn, Stan Blake, Landon Brown, Scott Court, Tom Crank, Roy Edwards, Bunky Loucks, Garry
- Minerals: Mike Greear, Chairman; Jim Byrd, Aaron Clausen, Tom Crank, Danny Eyre, Chuck Gray, Bill Henderson, Tyler Lindholm, Bunky
- Labor: Eric Barlow, Chairman; Scott Clem, JoAnn Dayton, Mike Gierau, Timothy Hallinan, Marti Halverson, Kendell Kroeker, Lars Lone, Patrick
The following Senate committee assignments have been made for the 64th Wyoming Legislature:
- Judiciary: Leland Christensen, Chairman; Wyatt Agar, Liisa Anselmi-Dalton, Dave Kinskey, Tara
- Appropriations: Bruce Burns, Chairman; Dan Dockstader, Ogden Driskill, John Hastert, Bill
- Revenue: Ray Peterson, Chairman; Cale Case, Affie Ellis, Dave Kinskey, Jeff Wasserburger.
- Education: Hank Coe, Chairman; Affie Ellis, Stephan Pappas, Chris Rothfuss, Jeff
- Agriculture: Larry Hicks, Chairman; Paul Barnard, Fred Emerich, Curt Meier, Glenn
- Travel: Fred Emerich, Chairman; Lisa Anselmi-Dalton, Paul Barnard, Brian Boner, Glenn
- Corporations: Cale Case, Chairman; Larry Hicks, Tara Nethercott, Stephan Pappas, Charles
- Transportation: Curt Meier, Chairman; Wyatt Agar, James Lee Anderson, Fred Baldwin, Leland
- Minerals: Michael Von Flatern, Chairman; James Lee Anderson, Hank Coe, Drew Perkins, Chris
- Labor: Charles Scott, Chairman; Fred Baldwin, Brian Boner, Anthony Bouchard, Ray Peterson.