8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Little America Hotel and Resort
Join us for the Wyoming Nurses Association (WNA) annual Nurses Day at the Legislature! This year’s theme is Understanding Workplace Violence: Seeking Civility. This one-day conference will be on Thursday, February 22, 2018 at the Little America Hotel, Cheyenne, Wyoming. You won’t want to miss this, no matter if you are a nursing student or a nurse with a lifetime of experience.
February 22nd will be packed with education sessions, networking, exhibitors and dialog with legislators at the reception held in partnership with the Wyoming Hospital Associations and Wyoming Council for Advanced Practice Nursing.
Nurses Day at the Legislature provides attendees a valuable opportunity to talk with legislators from their district about the issues important to nurses. Over 350 attendees from across Wyoming participate in this one-day event that includes nurses, nurse practitioners, educators, and student nurses.
- Nurse Licensure Compact: What’s in it for me? Presented by Cynthia Labonde, MN, RN, Executive Director, Wyoming State Board of Nursing
- Workplace Violence: It affects all of us. Presented by Karen Wiley, MSN, RN, CEN, 2017 President of the Emergency Nurses Association Board of Directors. Wiley is a practicing emergency nurse in the Emergency Department of CHI Health Immanuel in Omaha, NE. She has worked in the emergency department for over 20 years and previously practiced in critical care.
- Can I Reduce My Risk for Physical Violence? An introduction to Crisis Prevention Training. Presented by Tina Smith, MSN, RN, Assistant Professor, Northwest College
- Wyoming Solutions for Wyoming Nurses. Using the World Café model, attendees will engage in meaningful and collaborative conversation to explore critical issues, share experiences, and identify opportunities for action in Wyoming around workplace violence.
- 2018 Legislative Process and Bills. Presented by Toni Decklever, MA, RN
For the complete agenda, click here.
Exhibitors & Sponsors
Deadline is February 1, 2018
- WiFi $350 (one available)
- Refreshment Break $400 (two available)
- Education Session $500 (four available)
- Onsite Program $500 (one available)
- Event Mobile App Premier Sponsorship $650 (one available)
- Breakfast $750 (one available)
- Lunch $1,000 (one available) SOLD! Banner Health
- Legislative Reception $1000
All sponsors will receive a FREE exhibit booth.
All exhibitors and sponsors will be recognized for their support in both the program materials, association publications and signage during the event. Legislative Reception sponsors names and logos will be included on the invitations to the legislators.
Early Bird Ends February 1, 2018
There are two options to register
- Online–complete the form below and pay by credit card
- Mail–print the Registration Form and mail to 301 Thelma Drive, #200, Casper, WY 82609
For your convenience, a block of rooms have been reserved at:
Little America Hotel and Resort
2800 West Lincolnway, Cheyenne, Wyoming
To make reservations call 800-445-6945 and use block code 0218WYOMIN The group rate is:
$131 Deluxe Room, $111 Preferred Room
Deadline for group rate reservations is January 20, 2018.
Please contact the WNA office at email@example.com or 307-462-2600