8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Little America Hotel and Resort
Join us for the Wyoming Nurses Association (WNA) annual Nurses Day at the Legislature! This year’s theme is Understanding Workplace Violence: Seeking Civility. This one-day conference will be on Thursday, February 22, 2018 at the Little America Hotel, Cheyenne, Wyoming. You won’t want to miss this, no matter if you are a nursing student or a nurse with a lifetime of experience.
February 22nd will be packed with education sessions, networking, exhibitors and dialog with legislators at the reception held in partnership with the Wyoming Hospital Associations and Wyoming Council for Advanced Practice Nursing.
Nurses Day at the Legislature provides attendees a valuable opportunity to talk with legislators from their district about the issues important to nurses. Over 350 attendees from across Wyoming participate in this one-day event that includes nurses, nurse practitioners, educators, and student nurses.
- Nurse Licensure Compact: What’s in it for me? Presented by Cynthia Labonde, MN, RN, Executive Director, Wyoming State Board of Nursing
- Workplace Violence: It affects all of us. Presented by Gordon Gillespie, PhD, DNP, RN, CEN, CNE, CPEN, PHCNS-BC, FAEN, FAAN, Associate Professor, College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati and an Adjunct Professor of Nursing at Vanderbuilt University in Nashville. Dr. Gillespie has been a nurse for over 20 years, working in various capacities. He has significant contributions to the study of workplace violence against healthcare workers and his research is widely recognized.
- Can I Reduce My Risk for Physical Violence? An introduction to Crisis Prevention Training. Presented by Tina Smith, MSN, RN, Assistant Professor, Northwest College
- Wyoming Solutions for Wyoming Nurses. Using the World Café model, attendees will engage in meaningful and collaborative conversation to explore critical issues, share experiences, and identify opportunities for action in Wyoming around workplace violence.
- 2018 Legislative Process and Bills. Presented by Toni Decklever, MA, RN
- Nurse and yogi, ReaAnna Marchisio, will lead a yoga session for interested attendees!
For the complete agenda, click here.
Exhibitors & Sponsors
Exhibitor booth fee is $250 (This fee is waived if you sign up as a sponsor)
Parkview Medical Center
Sigma Theta Tau
University of Wyoming Libraries
UWYO – Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing
Wyoming Behavioral Institue
Wyoming Life Flight-Airmethods
Wyoming Professional Assistance Program
Wyoming State Hospital
- WiFi $350 SOLD! Karen Clark-Bond
- Refreshment Break $400 (two available)
SOLD! Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County & Wyoming Life Flight-Airmethods
- Education Session $500 (four available) 2 Left! Ivinson Memorial Hospital
& Sigma Theta Tau
- Event Mobile App Premier Sponsorship $650 SOLD! Northeast Region WNA
- Breakfast $750 SOLD! Arthur Davis Publishing
- Lunch $1,000 SOLD! Banner Health
- Legislative Reception $1000 SOLD! High Desert Healthcare, Wyoming Hospital Association, and WCAPN
All sponsors will receive a FREE exhibit booth.
All exhibitors and sponsors will be recognized for their support in both the program materials, association publications and signage during the event. Legislative Reception sponsors names and logos will be included on the invitations to the legislators.
Online registration is now closed, but you can still attend by registering onsite and paying your registration fee.
For your convenience, a block of rooms have been reserved at:
Little America Hotel and Resort
2800 West Lincolnway, Cheyenne, Wyoming
To make reservations call 800-445-6945 and use block code 0218WYOMIN The group rate is:
$131 Deluxe Room, $111 Preferred Room
Deadline for group rate reservations is January 20, 2018.
Please contact the WNA office at email@example.com or 307-462-2600
Reservations are closed for this event.